Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Category Council
The ICT Category Council provides ongoing leadership in relation to strategic procurement activities of Information and Communication Technology across government.
Lead agency: Department of Housing and Public Works
Table of contents
The category council for the ICT category is formed by independent government representatives with relevant experience in their fields. This creates a category council with a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders with expertise in their portfolio’s to best articulate strategies for Queensland Government. The representatives host department is also indicated below.
- Lead agency - Department of Housing and Public Works
- Government Business - Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
- Government Business - Public Service Business Agency
- Policy - Queensland Treasury
- Regional - TBA
- Procurement - Department of Education
- Information Management - Queensland Health
- Financial - Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Statutory Authorities - Queensland Museum
- Research - University of Queensland
Category Council Chair
Andrew Spina, Deputy Director-General – Digital Technology and Services, Department of Housing and Public Works
The inaugural meeting was held on 14 October 2016.
- 23 January 2019
- 27 March 2019
- 26 June 2019
- 25 September 2019
An extraordinary sitting may be held in November 2019 with a date to be confirmed.
ICT Category Council oversees and directs strategic procurement activities in relation to ICT spend. ICT Category Council agree on and govern the category strategy for a particular spend profile and endorse related execution plans for the category under management (note that this does not extend to operational matters i.e. tender award).
The council chair must approve requests to make a presentation to the council.
Requests should be sent to John.Mcintosh@hpw.qld.gov.au or phone (07) 3037 2683
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
ICT Industry Reference Group (ICTIRG)
Formed to continue developing a closer working relationship between government and industry, the ICTIRG provides a mechanism for industry members to be consulted regarding:
- Government ICT procurement initiatives
- Advice on emerging technologies and trends
- ICT Category Management activities
A key priority of ICTIRG at formation is to increase compliance and maximise the benefits for the ICT Category in alignment with the 6 key principles of the Queensland Procurement Policy.
- Executive Director, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Housing and Public Works (Chair)
- Director, Category Management, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Housing and Public Works
- Director, Stakeholder Engagement, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Housing and Public Works
- Manager, Industry Engagement, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Housing and Public Works
- Association of Professional Staffing Companies Australia
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Australian Information Security Association
- Australian Institute of Project Management
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- International Institute of Business Analysis
- IT Forum Gold Coast
- IT Service Management Forum
- Spatial Industries Business Association
- Women in Technology
- Financial Services Union
The inaugural meeting was held on 13 March 2019.
Meeting dates for this year:
- June 2019
- September 2019
- December 2019
Contact: Matthew Rose
Phone: (07) 3719 7695