Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Category Council
The ICT Category Council provides ongoing leadership in relation to strategic procurement activities of Information and Communication Technology across government.
Lead agency: Department of Housing and Public Works
Table of contents
The category council for the ICT category is formed by independent government representatives with relevant experience in their fields. This creates a Category Council with a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders with expertise in their portfolio’s to best articulate strategies for Queensland Government. The representatives host department is also indicated below.
- Lead agency - Department of Housing and Public Works
- Government Business - Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
- Government Business - Public Service Business Agency
- Policy - Queensland Treasury
- Regional - Townsville Hospital Health Services, Queensland Health
- Procurement - Department of Education
- Information Management - Queensland Health
- Financial - Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Statutory Authorities - State Library
- Research - University of Queensland
Category Council Chair
Dallas Stower, Assistant Director-General - Strategic ICT, Department of Housing and Public Works
The inaugural meeting was held on 14 October 2016.
Meeting dates for this year:
- 31 January 2018
- 14 March 2018
- 18 April 2018
- 06 June 2018
- 18 July 2018
- 29 August 2018
- 10 October 2018
- 21 November 2018
ICT Category Council oversees and directs strategic procurement activities in relation to ICT spend. ICT Category Council agree on and govern the category strategy for a particular spend profile and endorse related execution plans for the category under management (note that this does not extend to operational matters i.e. tender award).
The council chair must approve requests to make a presentation to the council.
Requests should be sent to John.Mcintosh@DSITI.qld.gov.au or phone (07) 7303 2683
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
ICT Industry Engagement Board
Between 2015-17 the ICT Industry Engagement Board focused on delivering the actions under the ICT Industry Engagement Action Plan to improve:
- Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Collaboration and Innovation
From 2017, the Board has focused on industry generated topics of interest, such as ICT capability in the context for the Digital 1st Strategy.
- Assistant Director-General, Strategic ICT, Department of Housing and Public Works (Chair)
- Association of Professional Staffing Companies Australia
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Australian Information Security Association
- Australian Institute of Project Management
- Council of ICT Associations
- Digital Capability Information and Transaction Based Services, Department of Housing and Public Works
- ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Housing and Public Works
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- International Institute of Business Analysis
- IT Forum Gold Coast
- IT Service Management Forum
- Queensland Government Chief Information Office
- Spatial Industries Business Association
- Women in Technology
- Union representation currently being confirmed
The inaugural meeting was held on 6 July 2015.
Meeting dates for this year:
- 27 February 2018
- 20 April 2018
- Later meeting dates will be confirmed.
Contact: Matthew Rose
Phone: (07) 3719 7695