The ICT Category Council provides ongoing leadership in relation to strategic procurement activities of Information and Communication Technology across government.
Lead agency: Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
Table of contents
The category council for the ICT category is formed by independent government representatives with relevant experience in their fields. This creates a category council with a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders with expertise in their portfolio’s to best articulate strategies for Queensland Government. The representatives host department is also indicated below.
- Lead agency - Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Government Business - Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Government Business - Public Safety Business Agency
- Policy - Queensland Treasury
- Regional - TBA
- Procurement - Department of Education
- Information Management - Queensland Health
- Financial - Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs
- Statutory Authorities - Queensland Museum
- Research - University of Queensland
Category Council Chair
Dallas Stower, A/Deputy Director-General – Transformation and Enabling Technologies, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy.
Meeting dates for this year:
- 24 February 2021
- 26 May 2021
- 25 August 2021
- 24 November 2021
ICT Category Council oversees and directs strategic procurement activities in relation to ICT spend. ICT Category Council agree on and govern the category strategy for a particular spend profile and endorse related execution plans for the category under management (note that this does not extend to operational matters i.e. tender award).
The council chair must approve requests to make a presentation to the council.
Requests should be sent to John.Mcintosh@hpw.qld.gov.au or phone (07) 3037 2683.
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
ICT Industry Reference Group (ICTIRG)
Formed to continue developing a closer working relationship between government and industry, the ICTIRG provides a mechanism for industry members to be consulted regarding:
- Government ICT procurement initiatives
- Advice on emerging technologies and trends
- ICT Category Management activities
A key priority of ICTIRG at formation is to increase compliance and maximise the benefits for the ICT Category in alignment with the 6 key principles of the Queensland Procurement Policy.
- Executive Director, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy (Chair)
- Director, Category Management, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Director, Stakeholder Engagement, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Manager, Industry Engagement, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Association of Professional Staffing Companies Australia
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Australian Information Security Association
- Australian Institute of Project Management
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- International Institute of Business Analysis
- IT Forum Gold Coast
- IT Service Management Forum
- Spatial Industries Business Association
- Women in Technology
- Financial Services Union
- Disability Advocate
Meeting dates for this year are to be confirmed.
Contact: Matthew Rose
Phone: (07) 3719 7695