Induct a new employee
Induction provides information and support to new employees to enable them to feel included in their new environment, and be productive with meaningful work as quickly as possible.
Induction is a structured program that is implemented consistently across an agency to enable the new employee to operate effectively in their appointed position.
This information may include:
- general information about administrative matters (e.g. payroll information, recordkeeping)
- key policies and procedures such as workplace health and safety, inclusion and diversity
- the Code of Conduct and other expectations of the agency.
Welcome to the Queensland public service.
You've made a great choice.
The Queensland Government is the biggest employer in our state, offering unparalleled opportunities for you to invest in your career and your future.
By joining the public service, you're also making a direct contribution to the people of our state.
That's because putting communities first is at the heart of everything we do.
More than 60 government departments and agencies are providing essential frontline services in every part of our state—from the Torres Strait to the Gold Coast; Mount Isa to Brisbane.
But we can't just be the biggest. We have to be the best at what we do.
It's our people who make the difference.
We want to support and enable you to be the best you can be.
We are committed to providing workplaces that are healthier, safer, more diverse and more productive.
In return, we look to our people to give back to the communities we serve by:
- Living the Queensland public service values
- Serving the government and the community in the most honest and reliable ways we can
- Being accountable for our actions and decisions
- And consulting with the community to design and deliver better policies and services.
By being part of the Queensland public service, you are making a positive contribution to the people and businesses of Queensland, every day.
So welcome! It's good to have you in our team.
There's lots more information on who we are, what we do and how we can help you to develop your career.
The gov2gov website is a great starting point...