The Queensland Government recently released a new 'Roadmap to easing restrictions'.
From 1am Friday 9 July, the Check In Qld app will be mandatory for places including:
- public-facing government services, such as customer service counters in government buildings, galleries, museums, libraries and community centres including recreation halls
- venues that attract large crowds – stadiums, convention centres, concert venues
- indoor events, for example cultural festivals and expos
- outdoor events, including fun runs and fetes
- leisure and recreation facilities, such as gyms, health clubs, indoor sports facilities and indoor pools
- higher education institutions – universities, TAFEs and registered training organisations.
What you need to do
If your agency has services identified in the new sectors, you should:
- review the COVID-19 website’s resource kit.
- consider how best to implement the Check In Qld app
- complete the 'I’m a business owner' registration
- display your unique QR code at the entrance, or customer service counter of your workplace, by 1am Friday 9 July.
The registration process can take up to 3 business days.
Call QGAO’s COVID-19 hotline on 3719 7797.