Use these training materials to help you apply the Human Rights Act 2019 in your workplace.
Complete the Queensland Human Rights Commission’s (QHRC) free online training course, Introduction to the Human Rights Act 2019.
This training includes:
- what human rights are
- a brief history of human rights and how they are protected in Queensland
- responsibilities of public entities, courts, tribunals and Parliament
- human rights complaints processes.
Additional training courses are available on the QHRC website.
Log in to For government to watch a recording of our human rights 101 session. This is an initial awareness session for Queensland Government employees. It’s not an online training module or in-depth human rights seminar.
You’ll discover the modern system of human rights, Queensland’s Human Rights Act, and how to apply the Act in your work as a Queensland Government employee.
Visit our Human rights resources page and read our fact sheets and guides. They have information about:
- human rights law in Queensland
- individual rights and what they protect
- human rights complaints
- making decisions that are consistent with human rights law
- reviewing and developing policy and legislation that is consistent with human rights law.
You can read more about how to make decisions that are consistent with human rights law in our guide Human rights in decision making.