See the Request to hire manual for detailed help with the form.
Read the Recruitment and selection directive.
Can I use a recruitment agency?
See the Queensland Government's standing offer arrangement for office-based staff (government network access required) to find out about employing permanent and temporary staff through recruitment agencies.
How do I advertise on an external website (e.g. LinkedIn)?
You can advertise your role on an external website by using the link we send you in your confirmation email once your ad is published on Smart jobs and careers.
Using this URL ensures all candidates apply via Smart jobs and careers. Applications will be:
- stored in one database (Springboard)
- visible in Springboard as soon as candidates submit
- evaluated online in Springboard (see Manage job applications)
- tracked and managed by candidates online.
There's no double handling of applications (applications submitted by email and manually entered into Springboard).
If you're advertising on LinkedIn, under the section How a Job Applicant's Information is Submitted, select the option that allows you to provide a URL.
How do I get a copy of my establishment?
Contact your HR team to access your establishment information.
How do I limit or specify who can apply for a vacancy?
The Request to hire form provides options for you to limit applications to:
- Queensland Government employees (targeted vacancy)
- candidates who identify as possessing a particular attribute; for example, being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (identified role)
- candidates with skills and knowledge relating to disability, gender, culture, etc. (specified position).
How do I prepare a role description?
- Use your agency's current role description template. Contact your HR team or see your intranet to check you have the correct one.
- If the role has changed, ensure this is reflected in the role description. If the role has changed substantially, you may need to have its classification level assessed.
- Ensure that the position number, title and classification level are consistent with your area's establishment.
- Ensure that the file is in MS Word format, free of tracked changes and comments, and not password protected.
- Check for spelling, grammar or formatting errors. Ensure the document projects a professional image of your agency and will attract the strongest field of applicants.
Find out more about developing a role description.
What do I do if the position number doesn't appear in the Request to hire form?
If the position number you entered doesn't appear in the Request to hire form, you may need to tell us to change a position's details.
Changes to positions and organisational units may take up to 2 weeks to reflect in the Request to hire form.
To complete your request, select Position new to establishment? and enter the establishment information manually.
Where can I find profit centres and company codes?
Contact your finance area for a list of cost centres, and the profit centre and company code associated with each.