Go to top of page
How do I prepare a position description?
- Use your agency’s current position description template. Contact your HR team or see your agency intranet to check you have the correct one.
- If the role has changed, ensure this is reflected in the position description. If the role has changed substantially, check to see if the position needs to be evaluated.
- Ensure that the position number, title and classification level are consistent with your area’s establishment.
- Ensure that the file is in MS Word format and is not password-protected.
- Check for spelling, grammar or formatting errors. Ensure the document projects a professional image of your agency and will attract the strongest field of applicants.