The General Goods and Services (GGS) Category Council (CC) oversees, leverages and directs strategic procurement activities for general goods and services spend across government. The CC agrees and governs the category strategy for the general goods and services spend profile and approve related category plans.
Lead agency: Department of Housing and Public Works
Table of contents
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- Queensland Health
- Public Safety Business Agency
- South West Hospital and Health Service
- Department of Education
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Department of Environment and Science
Category Council Chair: Sharon Bailey, A/Deputy Director-General and Chief Advisor Procurement, Queensland Government Procurement, Portfolio Strategy Division, Department of Housing and Public Works
The inaugural meeting was held on 13 December 2016.
Meeting dates for 2020:
- 25 March - meeting cancelled due to COVID-19
- 26 May
- 2 September
- 4 November
The GGS CC will make decisions in relation to category planning and procurement-related activities undertaken within the Category Group. Decision-making by the CC shall be on a majority basis for those in attendance at the meeting.
Agencies may choose not to act in accordance with GGS CC decisions where a specific agency requirement dictates that this is appropriate.
The GGS CC relies on the cooperation and agreement of members, and does not override legislative authority of individual accountable officers.
Presentations to the GGS CC may be made following approval from the Chair or Deputy Chair. Requests for presentations should be made to the secretariat.
Email email@example.com to request a presentation.
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
Due to the diversity of industries and areas covered by the GGS CC there is an ongoing need for sub-categories to engage directly with industry and unions at key points throughout the procurement process in line with the General Goods and Services Industry Engagement Framework.
This includes category planning, pre-tendering and contract management phases. Dates of these types of engagement are determined based on review cycles and tendering activity at the sub-category level.
The GGS Industry Reference Group (IRG) has been established, with the first meeting held on 9 September 2018.
Representatives on the GGS IRG are:
- Queensland Small Business Champion
- Queensland Disability Advisory Council
- Consult Australia
- The Australian Industry Group
- Association of Professional Staffing Companies
- Institute of Management Consultants
- Australian Marketing Institute
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- Queensland Council of Unions
- Australian Workers Union
- Together Queensland Union
- United Voice
- Queensland Teachers’ Union
- Professionals Australia
- Transport Workers Union
Additional industry associations and trade unions are consulted with at the sub-category level as required.
Meeting dates for 2020:
- 23 March - meeting cancelled due to COVID-19
- 30 September
Contact: General Goods and Services Category Council
Phone: 07 3215 3605