General Goods and Services (GGS) Category Council
The General Goods and Services (GGS) Category Council oversees, leverages and directs strategic procurement activities for general goods and services spend across government. The category council (CC) agrees and governs the category strategy for the general goods and services spend profile and approve related category plans.
Lead agency: Department of Housing and Public Works
Table of contents
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- Health Support Queensland
- Public Safety Business Agency
- Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service
- Department of Education
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Department of Environment and Science
Category Council Chair: Kimberley Swords, Assistant Director-General, Queensland Government Procurement, Department of Housing and Public Works
The inaugural meeting was held on 13 December 2016.
Meeting dates for 2018:
- 01 February 2018
- 01 May 2018
- 02 August 2018
- 01 November 2018
The GGS category council will make decisions in relation to category planning and procurement-related activities undertaken within the Category Group. Decision-making by the Category Council shall be on a majority basis for those in attendance at the meeting.
Agencies may choose not to act in accordance with GGS CC decisions where a specific agency requirement dictates that this is appropriate.
The GGS category council relies on the cooperation and agreement of members, and does not override legislative authority of individual accountable officers.
Presentations to the Council may be made following approval from the Chair or Deputy Chair. Requests for presentations should be made to the secretariat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a presentation.
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
Due to the diversity of industries and areas covered by the General Goods and Services Category Group there is an ongoing need for sub-categories to engage directly with industry and unions at key points throughout the procurement process in line with the General Goods and Services Industry Engagement Framework.
This includes category planning, pre-tendering and contract management phases. Dates of these types of engagement are determined based on review cycles and tendering activity at the sub category level.
The GGS Industry Reference Group is currently being established, with the first meeting to be held in late May.
Industry associations consulted with at the sub category level as required:
- Association of Corporate Travel Executives
- Association of Professional Staffing Companies Australia
- Auscontract Association
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Hotel Association
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Australian Industry Group
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Australian Market & Social Research Society
- Australian Salary Packaging Industry Association
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supply Australia & New Zealand
- CPA Australia
- Council of ICT Associations
- Employee Assistance Professional Association of Australia
- Global Business Travel Association
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Consultants
- International Association for Public Participation (Australasia)
- Lithographic Institute of Australia
- Pharmacist Guild of Australia
- Printing Institute of Australia
- Public Relations Institute of Australia
- Recruitment and Consulting Services Association
- The Communications Council (Qld)
- Workplace Health Association of Australia
Trade Unions consulted at the sub-category level as required:
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union
- Australian Municipal Administrative, Clerical and Services Union
- Australian Services Union (Queensland Branch)
- Australian Workers Union
- Australian Workers’ Union of Employees (Queensland)
- Community and Public-Sector Union
- Financial Services Union
- Professionals Australia
- Queensland Council of Unions
- Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees Association
- Together Queensland Industrial Union of Employees
- United Voice
Additional trade unions are also engaged on emerging issues as required.
Meeting dates to be confirmed.
Contact: General Goods and Services Category Council
Phone: 07 3008 2701