Food and beverage purchases
The Queensland Government’s Buy Queensland approach to procurement has been extended to create greater support for Queensland’s world class food and beverages.
As outlined in the Queensland Procurement Policy, we have committed to prioritising Buy Queensland first when purchasing food and beverages
Value which goes beyond best price
The Queensland Procurement Policy is about creating more jobs and new opportunities for suppliers to do business with us. It ensures government spend brings maximum value for taxpayers, supporting jobs and bringing social, environmental and economic benefit to local communities.
When you are planning food and beverage purchases you should think about:
- where the product is made, grown or produced
- how your purchase may have a local benefit (e.g. utilising local businesses)
- sharing your local supplier knowledge and contacts within your agency or department.
Food and beverage criteria:
- grown in Queensland – all ingredients are grown in Queensland
- made in Queensland – all products underwent their last substantial transformation in Queensland
- produced in Queensland – all significant ingredients were grown or otherwise wholly obtained in Queensland, and all (or virtually all) of its processing occurred here.
Read our guide on optimising opportunities for local suppliers and putting Queenslanders first when securing value for money.