Procurement and contract management short courses
The Skills2Procure program offers agencies access to 9 suppliers that can deliver short course, group training (minimum attendee numbers apply) to build staff capability.
Short courses are targeted and offer practical skills training from beginner to advanced levels, across the procurement lifecycle in:
- category management
- sourcing and tendering
- negotiation and award
- contract management and performance.
Suppliers on the panel
These suppliers are on the Procurement and Contract Management Learning and Development Panel (QGP002-2018):
- AcademyGlobal (Pty Ltd)
- ArcBlue Consulting (Aus Pty Ltd)
- Comprara (Pty Ltd
- Helix Legal Pty Ltd)
- Kiah Consulting
- Major Training Services (Pty Ltd)
- Pro Leaders Academy (Pty Ltd)
- Queensland University of Technology
- Tribus Advisory (Pty Ltd)
Services provided by panel members are open to all public sector agencies.
The training will improve the capability of staff working in any area of the procurement lifecycle as well contract management, delegation holders and senior leaders wanting to understand how to better leverage the procurement function to deliver value to the business and meet government targets.
- supplier contact details
- breakdowns of each supplier's service delivery offering.
Types of training offered
The panel members provide training across 5 key categories:
- training needs assessment
- soft skills
- technical skills
- bespoke training
Most suppliers can also deliver these short courses via livestream where required.
Training needs assessment
Capability assessment tools are useful to determine current skills and identify gaps to address as part of a prioritised approach to capability development. Current skill level assessments are available from 2 suppliers.
The assessments cover key functions in the procurement discipline:
- supply chain
- commercial awareness
- contract management
- procurement behavioural attributes.
Aggregated team assessment reports can also be provided to identify the overall risk exposure from identified skill gaps.
Technical procurement skills training
These short courses cover technical procurement skills training across the procurement lifecycle.
Aligned soft skills training
Relevant soft skills training is available in areas such as:
- supplier and customer relationship management
- influencing others
Bespoke training design, development and delivery of training services can support agencies to effectively target individual needs.
eLearning (online) courses are available across the procurement lifecycle. The courses are self-paced and can be completed using a variety of devices at any time.
Business and finance short courses
The Queensland Treasury Corporation (QTC) in partnership with the University of Queensland (UQ) offers short courses in business and financial skills training. They can be purchased under a per-person arrangement to fill capability gaps.
These whole of sector programs are open to all public sector agencies. Modules are practical and work based.
- Project Management (including procurement)
- Procurement in Practice (for leaders and managers)
- Business cases in practice
- Understanding financial statements
- PLUS, a range of additional financial courses
Who should attend?
The QTC courses are designed to meet the unique needs of:
- program and project managers
- business leaders
- sourcing staff
- procurement and contract management specialists
- contract owners
To find out more:
- visit the QUT website
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact QUT Enterprise Leadership Program enquiries to find out how the QUT ELP can articulate into award programs.
Leadership short courses
The QUT Enterprise Leadership Program (ELP) offers a choice of 14 short courses, including:
- Managing sourcing and contracting
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Leading strategic initiatives
- Leading ethical systems
- Stewarding public funds
Participants can also choose to undertake the award stream for each of the short courses offered in the ELP with a view to articulating their work into a formal qualification in business leadership.
These pathways to a range of QUT post graduate qualifications including a Graduate Certificate in Business which also offers pathway to the QUT MBA and EMBA.
Who should attend?
- Procurement and contract management leaders.
- All aspiring and recently appointed leaders wanting new skills, including relevant procurement and contract management skills for their role.
To find out more: