How to buy ICT products and services
What is this?
This process guide will help you buy ICT products and services, such as hardware, software services (including cloud-based technology) and telecommunications.
- Check if concept feasibility testing is required
- Check if early market engagement is required
- Review current standing offer arrangements
- Learn about the QITC framework
- Create an ICT contract
- Use an existing standing offer arrangement
- Proceed to purchase
Directives, policies, and guidelines
You must follow the Procurement and disposal of ICT products and services (IS13) policy when buying ICT products and services.
Generally, this means you must:
- plan future procurement activities for high-expenditure, or high-risk products
- ensure effective contracts are in place
- ensure industry has fair access to procurement processes
- have appropriate ICT product lifecycle and service management practices in place.
Use the IS13 implementation guideline to understand and apply the policy.
ICT SME Participation Scheme Policy
You must also consider the ICT SME Participation Scheme Policy which gives fair access to small and medium sized businesses.