Executive Capability Assessment and Development (ECAD)
Inportant contract information
The contract with Cerno Australia to provide the Executive Capability Assessment and Development initiative (ECAD) expires on 30 June 2017. It is still possible to register for participation prior to that date. All appointments associated with registration are to be completed by 30 September 2017. Currently , a working group representative of the Strategic Workforce Council is investigating options for the future, with a view to going out to the market for a new leadership capability assessment and development solution in the coming months. We expect a new solution to be available during the first half of 2018.
The Executive Capability Assessment and Development (ECAD) initiative provides executives with an assessment of their leadership capability and a tailored development plan.
ECAD is open to executives, as defined in the Workforce Capability Success Profile. Senior officers who are aspiring executives and have significant experience in leadership roles may also benefit from participating in ECAD.
- Background and career history
- Leadership balance
- Supervisor assessment
- One-on-one in-depth interview
- Critical thinking exercise
Debrief and development planning session
- One-on-one facilitated discussion
After 2 years, previous participants can undertake ECAD Refresh to ensure their results are current.
The program includes the elements of the complete ECAD program, except the critical reasoning exercise. This exercise can be included if preferred, but at an extra cost. At the end of the program, participants will receive a report summarising any key rating changes and readiness for progression.
Participants can chose to receive an updated development plan.
ECAD supports the outcomes of our leadership talent management strategy:
- Building executive self-awareness provides a foundation for meaningful leadership development.
- Leadership capability is vital to supporting the government’s agenda.
- Leadership potential and performance profiles together shape agency and sector talent management strategies.
- Results inform talent management strategies and cohort development delivered by agencies and the Public Service Commission.