STEPS Emerging Leader Program
STEPS is an emerging leader program and has been designed for the following cohorts:
- Existing and emerging leaders, AO3-AO5, OO3-OO5, PO2-PO3 and TO2-TO3 in all service areas
- Currently supervising staff or want to supervise staff and have been identified as potential, future leaders and supervisors.
During the program, you can expect to:
- Build confidence, tools and support in taking on a formal leadership position
- Take the initiative and take charge of your own leadership
- Open opportunities for you to lead from where you are, regardless of position or classification level
- Build your professional networks
- Improve your understanding of the role of leader, the business and the department’s future direction
This program consists of:
- a one day face-to-face introductory learning event
- a period of workplace learning supported by your supervisor and Capability and Learning staff between the face to face learning days
- a one day face-to-face learning consolidation event, including graduation
This events aligns with the following Leadership competencies for Queensland:
- Audience: Team leader, Program Leader, Executives.
- Results: Develops and mobilises talent, builds enduring relationships, inspires others, drives accountability and outcomes.