STEPS Emerging Leader Program
STEPS is an emerging leader program and has been designed for the following cohorts:
- Existing and emerging leaders, AO3-AO5, OO3-OO5, PO2-PO3 and TO2-TO3 in all service areas
- Currently supervising staff or want to supervise staff and have been identified as potential, future leaders and supervisors
- Build confidence, tools and support in taking on a formal leadership position.
- Take the initiative and take charge of your own leadership.
- Open opportunities for you to lead from where you are, regardless of position or classification level.
- Build your professional networks.
- Improve your understanding of the role of leader, the business and the department’s future direction.
This events aligns with the following Leadership competencies for Queensland:
- Audience: Individual contributor, Team leader, Program Leader.
- Results: Develops and mobilises talent, builds enduring relationships, inspires others, drives accountability and outcomes.
- a one day face-to-face introductory learning event
- a period of workplace learning supported by your supervisor and Capability and Learning staff
- a one day face-to-face learning consolidation event, including graduation (15 October 2019)
Enrol or find out more
This training is provided by the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women.
Career pathway participants
This course is available to career pathways participants. Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the career pathways team at email@example.com.