Resume, application writing and interview skills for government job applicants
We invite participants of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service from other agencies to join us at this free 2-day training module.
Day 1: Resume and Application Writing:
- Appreciate the whole selection process
- Understand what selection panels are looking for
- Understand and work with capability frameworks
- Prepare a professional resume
- Write great applications that catch the panel’s attention
- Define your capabilities relevant to a particular role
- Understand transferable skills and how to present them
Day 2: Interview Skills:
- Understand the interview as part of the whole selection process
- Anticipate questions and plan responses
- Learn techniques to handle whatever the panel throws at you
- Present with confidence and manage nerves
- Prepare a memorable closing statement
- Sell yourself to a selection panel
- Handle alternative assessment techniques (i.e. video interviews, presentations, work tests, psychometric assessment etc)
This events aligns with the following Leadership competencies for Queensland:
- Audience: Individual contributor, Team leader, Program Leader.
- Accountability: Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces, pursues continuous growth, demonstrates sound governance.
Two full day face-to-face training.
Enrol or find out more
The training is provided by the Department Transport and Main Roads.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants
This course is available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants. Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the career pathways team at firstname.lastname@example.org