Relationship between the parliament and the executive
Parliament House, corner of George and Alice Streets, Brisbane
$375 (including GST)
The Relationship between the parliament and the executive full-day seminar looks at the processes and procedures the Parliament uses to scrutinise the actions of the Executive Government. We'll look at the:
- separation of powers doctrine and how it's applied to Queensland's unicameral parliament
- reforms to the Parliamentary Committee system
- Budget and Estimates process
- Legislative scrutiny process
- role of a Minister at the parliamentary and Executive levels.
During the seminar, participants will tour Parliament and learn its history. They'll get to observe Parliament at work during Question Time and participate in a session with a Minister about their parliamentary and Executive roles and responsibilities.
Enrol or find out more
Career pathways participants
This course is available to career pathways participants. You'll need to speak to your supervisor. The cost for this seminar will be to your agency. For help, please contact the Manager, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service.