Plain English Writing for Government
Virtually using an online platform (Microsoft Teams or Zoom)
This online course will show staff how to prepare government documents that are clear, concise and effective. It will help them understand how plain English can be used to write succinct documents that are easy to read. It will also demonstrate the importance of reader-focused and audience-appropriate writing, so that documents have a clear message and greater impact. Course content includes:
- What is special about government writing?
- Examples of typical government writing.
- Who is the audience of government documents?
- The importance of reader-focused writing.
- How plain English can improve your writing.
- Planning your writing.
- Structure and style.
- Tips for effective writing.
- Common errors and pitfalls.
This events aligns with the following Leadership competencies for Queensland:
- Audience: Individual contributor
Half day online course, with extensive use of real examples of Queensland Government writing, and provide practical tips for writing emails, letters, reports and other government documents.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants
This course is available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants. Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the career pathways team at email@example.com.