Leading through change
We invite DATSIP employees and participants of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service from other agencies to join us at this free training module.
The Leading through change session will help leaders and managers understand the change process and its impact on them and their team, and give them practical tools and strategies to manage their own and their team's response to change.
An organisation must change continually to remain competitive and thrive in a global marketplace.
A leader must effectively communicate change, overcome any anxiety and resistance within their team, and use change as an opportunity to energise their team and better position them to respond to upcoming challenges.
This course will give you a clear understanding of:
- the change process
- the common reactions to change and why they occur
- how to manage change and transition and maintain self-care
- the information and resources available
- how to lead and support your team through a transition.
Complete a 2, 4 or 8-hour session. The:
- 2-hour session will provide an overview of a specific wellbeing topic and offer some opportunity for discussion and reflection.
- 4-hour session will look in detail at a specific wellbeing topic and allow participants to apply their learning and build some basic skills through practical exercises.
- 8-hour sessions will look in detail at a specific wellbeing topic and allow participants to apply their learning to a range of real life scenarios. Participants will review concepts, tools and strategies in group discussions and complete practical exercises.
Enrol or find out more
The training is provided by the Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships and Benestar.
Limited spaces are available. Speak with your supervisor and HR representative.
Career pathways participants
Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the Manager, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service.