IMPACT mentoring program
We invite DNRME employees and participants of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service from other agencies to join us at the Inclusive mentoring partnerships advocacy culture thrive (IMPACT) mentoring program.
IMPACT is a targeted development, coaching and mentoring program that will sharpen your awareness of differences, unconscious biases and privilege, and hone skills to make a lasting impact. It's an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Capability strategy initiative and integrated into DNRME’s Professional Excellence strategy.
This course will match participants in a mentoring relationship that:
- helps with career planning and career advocacy
- generates reciprocal mentoring and cultural coaching by pairing diverse employees with senior leaders and executives
- helps senior leaders and executives appreciate difference and challenge assumptions and biases
- provides participants a platform to discuss diverse aspects of themselves
- gives greater visibility of diverse talent in a formal setting.
This is an 18-month program of face-to-face training. Workshops will be held in:
- September 2019
- March 2020
- September 2020.
Enrol or find out more
The training is provided by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
Limited spaces are available. Speak with your supervisor and HR representative.
Career pathways participants
Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the Manager, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service.