Fundamentals of Project Management
This two day course focuses on developing the fundamental knowledge and practical skills in project management. It is aimed at people who are new to project management or would like a good general orientation to project management concepts and terminologies for this with some project management responsibilities as part of their main job.
This course covers the project lifecycle from start through to completion, and it will provide practical skills for the participant to confidently manage simple projects to maat workplace objectives and to deliver project outcomes. It will provide participants with a theoretical understanding of uncomplicated project management concepts with the use of practical tools and skills to implement immediately in the workplace.
- What is project management?
- Projects within the public service
- Project management lifecycles
- Project management components
- Project stakeholders
- Work breakdown structure
- Budget and cost estimation, and
- Quality management
This events aligns with the following Leadership competencies for Queensland:
- Audience: Individual contributor, Team leader, Program Leader.
- Accountability: Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces, pursues continuous growth, demonstrates sound governance.
Two full day face-to-face training.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants
This course is available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants. Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the career pathways team at email@example.com