Building on the strengths of our stories: cultural agility program
DNRME have made a conscious commitment to improve relationships and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We value an inclusive and diverse workplace that strives to become a culturally agile organisation and have prioritised this cultural journey. The program is co facilitated by the DNRME Futures Team and renowned Indigenous Leader Leann Wilson, a Bidjara/Kara-Kara and South Sea Islander descendent.
Workshop participants will learn about our State’s history and the impact of government administration on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
It is a fantastic opportunity for workshop participants to build on the strengths of our collective stories and to celebrate our culture.
This events aligns with the following Leadership competencies for Queensland:
- Audience: Individual contributor, Team leader, Program Leader, Executive, Chief executive
- Vision: Leads strategically, stimulates ideas and innovation, leads change in complex environments, makes insightful decisions.
- Results: Develops and mobilises talent, builds enduring relationships, inspires others, drives accountability and outcomes.
- Accountability: Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces, pursues continuous growth, demonstrates sound governance.
Two half-day (9.30am to 3.00pm) face-to-face training sessions.
When and Where
- 26–27 February 2020 – Brisbane
- 30–31 March 2020 – Brisbane
- 1–2 April 2020 – Townsville
- 25–26 May 2020 – Brisbane
- 8–9 June 2020 – Cairns
- 15–16 June 2020 – Townsville
- 23–24 June 2020 – Brisbane
- 27–28 July 2020 – Brisbane
- 19–20 August 2020 – Brisbane
- 7–8 October 2020 – Brisbane
- 4–5 November 2020 – Brisbane
- 23–24 November 2020 - Brisbane
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants
This course is available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways participants. Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the career pathways team at email@example.com.
Enrol or find out more
This training is provided by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.