This masterclass is by invitation only.
This interactive masterclass uses real-world examples from the public and private sectors to provide insights into the crucial role of systems thinking in tackling real-world public problems and setting up agencies, their programs and leaders for success. Specifically, it will cover:
- how systems thinking is different from other thinking
- why systems thinking is essential to a productive public sector
- how to become a systems thinker, using immediately useful tools
- the critical implications of systems as social constructs
- the central aim of systems thinking, being less work with better results
- what you can do to start systems thinking today.
Dr Nick Fleming will reveal some of the big traps and blindspots contributing to persistence of public problems which will be of particular benefit to those responsible for public policy formulation and implementation.
This masterclass is for Directors'-General, Deputy Directors'-General, regional networks and senior executives.
- Directors'-General and Deputy Directors’-General: 24 March 2021 (9am–11am)
- Regional networks: 24 March 2021 (2pm–4pm)
- Senior executives: 20 May 2021 (9am–11am or 1pm–3pm)
How to book
This masterclass forms part of the Queensland public sector development series 2021 and is by invitation. Sponsored placements have been made available to Leadership Board agencies.