Advanced Indigenous Development Approaches
Institute for Social Science Research, Long Pocket Precinct, 80 Meiers Rd, Indooroopilly, QLD 4068, Brisbane
Policy makers and practitioners – whether employed in the public, private, NGO or Indigenous sectors – have realized the importance of taking a developmental approach when tackling challenging problems in Indigenous and other disadvantaged contexts. They are looking for locally-led solutions to complex problems that supplement and strengthen existing service delivery and funding efforts.
Key topics covered in this course include:
- Place-based and locally-led approaches
- Cultural competency in relationships
- Advanced participatory methods
- Strengthening community governance
- Conflict resolution
- Strengths-based and problem-driven approaches
- Gendered analysis
- Political economy stakeholder analysis
- Adaptive program logics and complexity
- Data-driven monitoring and evaluation
- Personal challenges and coping strategies
This course is aligned to several competencies within the Leadership competencies for Queensland framework, in particular those associated with Vision: leads strategically, stimulates ideas and innovation, leads change in complex environments, and makes insightful decisions.
To find out more and to register, visit the ISSR website.