Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health first aid
We invite DNRME employees and participants of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service from other agencies to join us at the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health first aid training program.
This 2-day program is delivered by Gallang Place. It helps participants understand the challenges First Nation people face on a daily basis.
This course will outline the history of First Nation people and help you:
- better understand the impact of intergenerational trauma
- strengthen workplace culture
- support First Nation people in grief and loss associated trauma
- better manage and support First Nation people
- understand mental health, and the effects of alcohol and other drugs
- provide mental health first aid and greater awareness around suicide prevention.
Enrol or find out more
The training is provided by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
Limited spaces are available. Speak with your supervisor and HR representative.
Career pathways participants
Limited spaces are available. To register or to find out more, please contact the Manager, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander career pathways service.