The framework focuses on 3 key aspects of public sector performance:
- Planning—at the whole-of-government, agency and individual levels to determine what outcomes are to be achieved for customers, stakeholders and the community.
- Measuring and Monitoring Performance—achieved across the whole-of-government direction, agency business direction, agency service delivery, and at the individual level.
- Public Reporting—of the performance of the Queensland Government, in a fair and balanced way, to facilitate accountability.
In focusing on these key areas the PMF helps to:
- inform direction setting, planning and policy development and implementation
- inform capability, resourcing and service delivery
- effectively measure and report on progress and achievements.
If you are new to the PMF process, for a broad understanding of performance management see the:
- Queensland Government Performance Management Framework—An Overview (PDF, 472 KB)
An introduction to the scope, purpose, application and general obligations and requirements related to performance management.
- Big Picture View (PDF, 129 KB)
A visualisation of the key drivers and influences related to government performance and the activities and obligations associated with the three elements of the PMF.
- 2022-2023 Queensland Public Sector Strategic Management Planner
A calendar of events highlighting management and corporate governance activities for the financial year. The planner can be provided in Visio format if required for use by agencies. Email your request to email@example.com.