If you're involved in an incident when driving a QFleet vehicle, please stay calm and be helpful. Avoid admitting fault or liability.
Do you need to call emergency services?
Call triple zero (000) if there is an emergency or if any of the following
‘police attendance criteria’ are met:
- death or injury that needs medical attention from a qualified ambulance officer, nurse or doctor
- suspected involvement of drugs and/or alcohol
- a driver failed or is refusing to provide required details
- a hazardous environment or threat to public safety exists, including traffic congestion (e.g. fuel spill, power lines down)
- a driver with an impairment or disability requires police assistance.
You must report an incident to the police immediately if:
- a vehicle is stolen
- any injury or fatality occurs to a person
- a driver involved in the incident does not give their details to the other drivers
- third party drivers leave the scene of the incident.
If you don’t need to call emergency services
If none of the 'police attendance criteria' are met and you don’t need to call emergency services, then the next step is to:
- exchange information with the other person involved in the incident
- arrange for the vehicle/s to be moved (if safe to do so)
- where required, report the incident to Policelink on 131 444 within 24 hours.
Exchange the relevant information
All drivers involved are required to exchange:
- full name
- street address as it appears on the back of driver licence
- phone number
- agency contact details (agency name and address)
- registration number, make and model of all vehicles involved.
Report the incident to your agency
After the incident is under control, report it to your agency fleet manager and Vero Insurance as soon as possible. Ensure the appropriate WH&S incident report is completed and submitted as per your agency’s workplace health and safety requirements.
To organise towing
If a vehicle requires towing after an incident, reasonable and necessary costs will be covered only if the claim and towing has been approved by Vero Insurance prior to towing of the vehicle.
Call Vero Insurance on 1300 888 073 to authorise a towing operator and arrange payment.
You will be required to lodge a claim over the phone and provide the information about the incident.