Editorial community of practice
We meet for 1.5 hours each month to discuss a different topic related to web writing and editing or content strategy.
The discussion is led by Smart Service Queensland's content management team, but meetings also feature guest speakers from outside government. The group is open to anyone with an interest in web writing and editing, but focuses on the www.qld.gov.au website (‘franchise’) content.
- Web writers/editors
- Communications staff
- Share information and experiences and learn from each other.
- Create shared goals for content delivery.
- Develop ourselves personally and professionally.
- Achieve editorial best practice across Queensland Government websites.
- Promote plain English in government.
- Learn about current activities whose outcomes will affect Queensland Government websites.