If an unauthorised or fraudulent transaction appears on your statement, complete the CBA Customer Investigation Request for Disputed Corporate Card Transactions and email it to the QSS Corporate Card Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I dispute a transaction on a QGCPC?
Single sign-on (SSO)
SSO is an authentication process that allows you to access multiple services and applications with one username and password.
Agencies that can use SSO on For government
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Employment, Small Business and Training
- Environment and Science
- Housing and Public Works
- Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games
- Justice and Attorney-General
- Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs
- Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
- Premier and Cabinet
- Public Service Commission
- Queensland Government Chief Information Office
- State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
- Trade and Investment Queensland
- Transport and Main Roads
- Queensland Treasury
Agencies that can’t use SSO on For government
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Queensland Corrective Services
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Inspector-General Emergency Management
- Queensland Police Service
- Public Safety Business Agency
Use your existing For government login or register for an account.