Are you interested in gaining knowledge and skills to support your agency in your digital transformation journey?
The digital transformation learning stream is an online learning program with targeted multi-modal materials that will help you build a broad understanding of digital transformation.
By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of how to leverage technology to benefit your agency and a deeper understanding of digital concepts.
This learning stream includes content across the following digital transformation competency areas:
- Essentials of Digital Transformation: Disruptive technologies, infrastructure and architecture, digital transformation strategy and digital automation
- Data Science: Data visualisation and big data
- Digital Experiences: Designing digital experiences
- Agility for Digital Transformation: Agile methodologies and agile mindset and culture
- Digital marketing and communications: Social media marketing
- Virtual work: Virtual collaboration
- Digital soft skills: Computational thinking, cross functional collaboration, continuous learning.
The program contains almost 200 pieces of learning content, with new content added regularly.
To gain a place on the course, you must:
- be either a permanent or temporary Queensland Government employee
- must have an Queensland Government email address
- be prepared to commit at least 30 minutes a week to the package
- be a self-directed learner and create your own learning plan
- have support from your direct supervisor and approval for the course cost
This is a self-directed online learning program, you will have access to the learning platform and content for approximately 11 months.. We recommend that you commit to at least 30 minutes a week.
- establish a learning plan in line with your learning goals
- create time to dedicate to your development, in consultation with your supervisor.
The cost involved for the program is $34.10 per person as well as your time and commitment.
This course is supported by the Queensland Government Customer and Digital Group, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy..
How to nominate
- Review the course content and eligibility requirements. Decide if this course and an online self-directed learning program is right for you.
- Discuss with your manager to gain support and
- Get approval to cover the course cost.
- Complete the nomination form.
- You will then receive an email with a link to make payment for the course cost. It is your responsibility to arrange payment.
- Check that your payment has been made within 5 days to ensure your nomination is accepted.
- Within a few weeks you will receive further information confirming your placement.
- You will then receive access to the learning platform and additional resources.