The search box group is a group of elements including a search input field, search button, search scope radio buttons and links to advanced search and search help (if available). The search box group provides search input fields at both the top and bottom of the search results page in addition to the site utilities search box available in the page header.
- Text input field must be 41 characters wide.
- Text of the submit button must be 'Search'.
- Search box must include the original search term.
- Link to advanced search must be placed to the right of the search button, first line (where advanced search is available).
- Link to search help must be placed to the right of the search button, second line (where search help is available).
- 1 instance must be located at the top of the page below the page title and above the result set description, refer figure 7.
- 1 instance must be located at the bottom of the page below the pagination, refer figure 8.
Figure 7: 'Simple search' results page—Search box group (top of page)
Figure 8: 'Simple search' results page—Search box group (bottom of page)