'Spelling suggestions' are spelling alternatives displayed on a search results page when any of the search terms are not recognised by the search engine as valid dictionary terms.
- Must be a single line of text.
- First element of the line must be the text 'Did you mean:'.
- Last element of the line must be a question mark.
- Text size must be less than or equal to the description/summary text size (within accessibility guidelines).
- Must include the search terms.
- Corrected term must be bold and italicised.
- Search terms must be linked to perform a new search using the corrected search phrase.
- 'Spelling suggestions' must be displayed below the result set description and above the search result entries, refer to figure 27.
Figure 27: Search results page with a 'spelling suggestion'.