Module 5: Checkpoint 11—Search result title
The search result title is linked to the search result and provides a brief description of the search result.
- Must be hyperlinked to the search result.
- Text size must be greater than the description/summary text size (within accessibility guidelines).
- Must use the best title source available from result destination (e.g. DC.Title where possible).
- Must include the file size and type element for non-web pages only (e.g. PPT, DOC, PDF). Refer to Checkpoint 12—File size and type for further detail.
- The search result title must comprise the first element of the first line of the search result entry, refer figure 12.
Figure 12: 'Simple search' results page—Search result title