Module 3: Checkpoint 7—Using best fit statuses
Avoid the use of HTTP statuses 200, 302 or 404 where more appropriate HTTP statuses exist.
Benefits of conformance
- Consistent, quality experience for users of the site.
- Increased site credibility and levels of user trust.
- Increased likelihood that a user will find what they were looking for online.
Risks of non-conformance
- Possible increase in offline channel requests for inexplicably removed information.
- Reduced site credibility and levels of user trust.