Each website must have a contact us page, linked from the site utilities.
The contact us page must contain these contact methods (where appropriate):
- counter locations
- telephone numbers
- fax numbers
- postal addresses
- email addresses.
*Where there is a recognised international audience, an agency should provide additional international dialling information.
Benefits of conformance
- Users ( http://www.qld.gov.au/web/cue/definitions/index.html#users ) expect to be able to contact agencies directly through a variety of channels.
- Users can easily locate contact information regardless of the website they are visiting.
- Users should be able to access information / content without additional cost/effort.
Risks of non-conformance
- The user experience is negatively affected if a user has questions and has no way to present these to the business owner of the website.
- Reduces access to information/content.
- Users seek alternative, more expensive channels.