The footer must contain a link to a privacy statement that covers:
- the scope of the privacy statement (e.g. 'This privacy statement applies to personal and other information collected on [the agency's] website: www.agency.qld.gov.au')
- the circumstances in which personal information is collected, by whom it is held (e.g. your agency and/or third party agencies or web services) and any choices users may have as to whether such information is collected in the first place
- the uses to which collected personal information may be put by the collecting agency and the circumstances in which it may be disclosed
- the collection and use of statistical information, including users' IP addresses
- a statement that cookies and/or offline storage are used if that is the case and relevant implications of that (if any)
- users' rights to request access to or correction of personal information held by the website’s owning agency
- contact details for such purposes.