The standard footer must appear consistently on every web page.
The contents of the footer must be centre aligned.
These must be displayed in the correct order:
- Right to information (agency websites only)
- Jobs in Queensland Government
- Other languages
- Crown copyright
- Link to Queensland Government
- Tagline (optional).
The links must be displayed in sentence case.
Benefits of conformance
- Enables compliance with legislative requirements (e.g. Information Privacy Act 2009 and Websites policy (IS26).
- Consistent placement of this type of information.
Risks of non-conformance
- Reduces compliance with legislative requirements.
- Increased cognitive load due to inconsistent placement of information.
Correct implementation: all links have been included in the first row. The copyright statement uses the correct date range. All three rows are present.
Incorrect implementation: Lowercase has been used on the first row, proper linking text has not been used on the last two links in the first row. 'Other languages' has not been included, and the Crown copyright statement only contains the current year, not the year range. The link back to Queensland Government is missing.