The BCM Category Council oversees, governs and directs strategic procurement activities related to BCM spend across the Queensland Government.
The category council develops category plans and strategies and appoints working groups to deliver on these commitments.
Lead agency: Department of Energy and Public Works
Table of contents
- Department of Energy and Public Works
- Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Department of Education
- Queensland Health
- Hospital and Health Services
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Queensland Treasury
Category Council Chair: Graham Atkins, Deputy Director-General, Building Division, Department of Energy and Public Works
Meeting dates this year:
- 16 March 2021
- 18 May 2021
- 17 August 2021
- 9 November 2021
The BCM Category Council relies on the cooperation and agreement of members, and does not override legislative authority of individual accountable officers.
The council makes decisions with agreement by a majority of members attending a meeting.
Agencies may choose not to act in line with a council decision if it contradicts a specific agency requirement.
The council reports to the Queensland Government Procurement Committee (QGPC), with members endorsed by QGPC through the Director-General of the Department of Energy and Public Works.
The council chair must approve agency requests to make a presentation to the council.
Email BCMSecretariat@hpw.qld.gov.au or phone (07) 3215 3645 to request a presentation.
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
The council has established an industry reference group to seek advice, support and feedback on proposed initiatives.
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors’ Association
- Australian Institute of Architects Queensland Chapter
- Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union
- Australian Workers’ Union
- Construction Forestry Maritime Mining and Energy Union
- Construction Skills Queensland
- Consult Australia
- Electrical Trades Union
- Engineers Australia
- Housing Industry Association
- Landscape Queensland
- Master Builders Queensland
- Master Electricians Australia
- Master Painters Association of Queensland
- Master Plumbers’ Association of Queensland
- National Association of Women in Construction
- National Fire Industry Association Australia
- Plumbing and Pipe Trades Employees Union
- Professionals Australia
- Queensland Council of Unions
- Queensland Major Contractors Association
- Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre
- South East Regional Disability Advisory Council
Meeting dates for this year:
- 2 March 2021
- 8 June 2021
- 21 September 2021
- 23 November 2021
Building Contract Management
Department of Energy and Public Works
Phone: (07) 3215 3645