The Queensland Government is committed to enabling a high-performing, innovative and future-focused sector, capable of making a positive difference to all Queenslanders. The Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) encourages Queensland public sector leaders to build their leadership capability though participation in their two flagship programs:
- Executive Fellows Program
- Executive Master of Public Administration.
Table of Contents
The Executive Fellows Program (EFP) is a multi-module program for executives and chief executives to develop new leadership, management and relationship skills, in particular, the capacity to work across boundaries in a highly interactive online setting while exploring contemporary issues.
The 2021 program will be delivered online and participants will:
- benefit from lively, interactive online sprints and offline reflection (which can be done at their own pace)
- have access to renowned academics and senior public sector practitioners from Australia, Aotearoa-New Zealand and beyond.
Who is it for
- Senior executives (SES3 and above or equivalent) and chief executives
- $21,000 (excl. GST)
How to apply
The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) is a two-year postgraduate program. It is designed to equip program leaders and executives (e.g. AO8 to SES 2 levels or equivalent) as per the Leadership competencies for Queensland role profiles, with the leadership, management and policy skills needed in today’s public sector.
Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19 across jurisdictions, EMPA is delivered online only. ANZSOG may move to a blended model throughout 2022 (COVID-19 restrictions permitting), which may involve some portions of the EMPA being delivered offshore (for example New Zealand). Successful applicants will be required to seek appropriate travel clearance from their agency to attend these deliveries.
EMPA program fee (subject to change):
- $45,000 (inc GST) per participant.
How to apply
To apply for an agency-funded placement, you will need to:
- talk to your supervisor or HR unit in the first instance
- complete the application form
- submit your application form and supporting documentation to ANZSOG by COB, Monday 4 October 2021.
Scholarship applications for 2021
The PSC is offering five funded scholarships for EMPA in 2022. These scholarships are only available to Leadership Board departments, with each department invited to nominate one candidate for scholarship consideration.
To apply for a scholarship, you will need to:
- talk to your senior leader or HR unit, in the first instance
- confirm that you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria and entry requirements
- submit your scholarship application form and supporting documentation to your HR unit for review.
Your HR unit will then work with your department’s Chief Human Resources Officer and Director-General to:
- review all scholarship applications and submit one application to the PSC for scholarship consideration
- email selected scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Friday 10 September 2021.
A panel of Directors’-General will then assess all applications based on the:
- personal statement in the application form addressing your motivations for undertaking the program and desired learning outcomes
- current public service level or grade, and level of experience.
The PSC will notify the Leadership Board of the five scholarship placements in mid-September, with ANZSOG to confirm registration into the program by October 2021.