August 2016 update—Inclusion Champions of Change
The champions endorsed a proposal to:
- pilot an LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer) employee network across the 5 Inclusion Champions of Change agencies with a view to expand in 2017
- launch the pilot employee network in September 2016
- develop a Queensland public sector LGBTIQ inclusion strategy
- support Queensland public sector employees to participate in the Brisbane Pride March (17 September).
The Leadership Board agreed to:
- implement public service diversity targets and include these in 2016–17 performance agreements
- improve data capture in 2017 through a Public Service Commission led Census Day activity.
Department of Health
- Decided the Aspiring Women Leaders’ Summit will be held in 2017 with invitations extended across the public sector.
Department of Energy and Water Supply
- Designed an engaging Diversity and Inclusion Dashboard that gives a snapshot of diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and progress toward employment targets across the department.
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- Developed a manager’s toolkit to deal with issues relating to domestic and family violence.
- Commenced work on addressing the shortfall of superannuation for women.