Contact and support
Yes—if it has not been approved. Go to My.Appointments initiated in the My.Appointment menu, select the staff appointment and select Cancel.
If your staff appointment has been approved, contact us to withdraw it.
Yes. The form includes the option for you to enter ‘Date to be confirmed’ in the start date field.
Yes—in Section 4, 4.1, transfer at level is an appointment type. Use this to move individuals and indicate if a letter is required.
QSS usually generates monthly establishment reports for agency managers. Contact your HR team to access these.
- On the My.Appointment log in page, click ‘Not registered yet? Create an account.’
- Complete the form.
- Create a password, and security question and answer.
- Click ‘Create user.’
- You will receive a verification email which guides you to activate your account.
- You can then log in to My.Appointment.
If the change is a result of an advertised job, use My.Appointment.
If the change is not the result of an advertised job:
- If you are on the Aurion payroll system, you can notify of higher duties on that system.
- If you are not on Aurion, use the Higher duties/relieving at level form.
Changes to positions and organisational units may take up to 2 weeks to be displayed in My.Appointment. If you need help submitting an appointment where the information in My.Appointment does not match your current establishment, contact us.
If the position number you entered doesn't appear in the list provided in My.Appointment, this may be because the system has not been updated or because an appropriate establishment position change form has not been submitted.
If you have submitted an establishment change form, select 'Position new to establishment' in My.Appointment, provide the date the form was sent, and enter the establishment information manually.
If you do not yet have a position number, enter 'Not created' into the position number field and attach the relevant establishment form.
Within 5 working days of getting your form, QSS will:
- send an appointment letter to the successful candidate
- forward appointment documentation to our payroll team for processing
- advise unsuccessful candidates
- where required, insert a Queensland Government Gazette notice to confirm the appointment.
Non-payroll employees are those not being paid from the agency payroll system, for example, agency temps, volunteers, work experience placements and secondments not paid for by the agency.
Use My.Appointment to notify QSS of appointments (permanent, temporary and casual), and secondment in approvals and extensions. See a full list of what you can and can’t do on the My.Appointment log in page.
Only employees paid from the agency payroll system can access My.Appointment.