Contact and support
Yes. You can claim location allowance for up to 12 months in the past. If you need to submit a claim that is older than 12 months, you’ll need to provide an approval letter from your agency’s HR professional.
Yes. If you move to a location that is eligible for locality allowance, we start paying you one-half the full rate of location allowance. You may be entitled to the full rate of location allowance; submit the form so we can assess your circumstances.
If you move away from a location that is eligible for location allowance, you need to tell us so we don’t overpay you.
Yes. You need to submit a location allowance form if your:
- spouse or de facto starts or stops living with you and earns less than the Queensland Minimum Wage (no children)
- spouse or de facto starts or stops earning more than the Queensland Minimum Wage (no children)
- dependent children (all) start or stop living with you
- spouse or de facto partner starts or stops working with the Queensland public service.
Submit a location allowance form to:
- apply for location allowance (if you haven’t received it automatically)
- apply to get the full rate of location allowance (if you get half-rate now)
- tell us your location has changed
- tell us your family situation has changed
- cancel location allowance.